When you use our services on our app, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand that this is a big responsibility and we work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
We are obliged to process the personal data to comply with the United Kingdom data protection law to the processing of your information, please review government page for details www.gov.uk and see below to find out more about your rights.
What data we collect and why?
The collected data in the website shall include the following, unless TAK Index updates this policy otherwise:
1. IP addresses
2. Request headers
3. Data entered on our website
4. The browser session (identified through a cookie)
5. Information used to analyze usage of our platform (through cookies from Google Analytics and Smartlook. Details are explained below)
All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and thus anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website works.
The collected data in the our app shall include the following, unless TAK Index updates this policy otherwise:
1. Personal information ( name, surname, email, phone with login )
2. Number of the profiles created; ethical aspects & violence level chosen for each profile
3. Names of the apps in favourite list
4. Names of the apps included with subscription
We only use Google Analytics for the third party provider which is anonymously shared.
Your information and your rights
If you are based within the EEA (European Economic Area) or within another jurisdiction that has similar data protection laws, under certain circumstances, you have the following rights:
the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
• the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
• the right to have your information rectified or erased, or to place restrictions on processing your information;
• the right to object to the processing of your information, e.g., for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests;
• the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”);
• where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent is subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
• the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling; and
• the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (such as, in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office).
• If you request a copy of your information, you may be required to pay a statutory fee.
Cookies, analytics and traffic data
Our cookies may be session cookies (temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites) which are deleted when you close your browser, or persistent cookies (cookies that enable our website to “remember” who you are and to remember your preferences within our website) which will stay on your computer or device after you close your browser).
We use the following different types of cookies:
1. Performance cookies and analytics technologies Performance cookies collect information about how visitors and users use our website. These cookies register, for example, which functionality our visitors use most often, or if they receive error messages from certain areas of our website. These cookies don’t collect information that can be used to identify a visitor or user. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and thus anonymous. We only use these cookies to improve how our website works.
2. Functionality cookies Functionality cookies allow our website to remember the choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced and more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for. The information collected by these cookies may be anonymized. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
IP address and traffic data
We keep a record of the traffic data that is logged automatically by our servers, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device information, the website that you visited before ours and the website you visit after leaving our site. We also collect some site, application and service statistics, such as access rates, page hits and page views. We are not able to identify any individual from traffic data or site statistics. They are all anonymous.
Google will use this information to analyze your usage of our platform and to create reports about the activities on our platform. The IP address that will be sent to Google as a result of Google Analytics will not be connected to any other data on Google.
You can avoid any cookies being saved by changing the settings in your browser. Please be aware that if you choose to do so, you might not be able to make full use of our website and all its features. You can also prevent the analysis of your browsing behavior on our platform through Google Analytics by installing the following browser plugin: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our platforms use SmartLook to assess the user behaviour to to improve our UX design of the app and website layouts. All data is anonymously collected. No personal data is recorded.
You may also opt-out from this provider from https://www.smartlook.com/opt-out
How to disable cookies
You may be able to configure your browser or our website to restrict cookies or block all cookies, if you wish. If you disable cookies, you may find that this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, remove or reject cookies, see the allaboutcookies.org website.
TAK Index App Agreement
If you download “takindex” application available at http://www.apple.com/itunes . by clicking the 'I agree' button, and/or use any related software, application or documentation (together, the "application"), you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the TAK Index data policy and this will be a legally binding agreement between you and TAK Index, a company incorporated under the laws of the UK. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this policy, you should uninstall the application. If you need a countersigned copy of this agreement, please reach out to support.
Data Processing Addendum (DPA)
If you need a countersigned copy of our DPA, please reach out to support.